Next steps / to-do list
Possible IdP implementations for SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, Open ID connect:
|pysaml2 and oic / pyop||Apache License 2.0||Python||
|keycloak||Apache License 2.0||Java||
- Issue server certs to aeHost, aeNwDevice, aeService or aeSrvGroup based on authorization of role Setup Admins
- Enrollment based on Automatic Certificate Management Environment (ACME)
- direct ansible integration for server cert enrollment
- X.509 cert enrollment for aeUser with multi-factor authc
- use X.509 certs as SSH authorized keys instead of attribute sshPublicKey
- remote CA keys (e.g. based on pyeleven)
- Use certidude?
- Automated authentication configuration (set userPassword) for aeHost and aeService
- Dynamic inventory module for accessing attributes in Æ-DIR entries
- proper keyring support (inspired by Mirko's password_from_keyring-py)
- Log performance data as Graylog Extended Log Format (GELF)
- The web applications should use Python's logging module and file ae-logging.conf
- Add cee_syslog_handler in file ae-logging.conf
- monitor whether PAM/NSS client still has valid configuration
Automatically install correct profiles to run AppArmor in mandatory mode.
- Extend one of the following Python demon implementations to look up correct boot config in Æ-DIR:
- make use of aeNwDevice
Network Access Control
- dynamic RADIUS client configuration (with shared secrets)
PAM/NSS caching demon
- Improve Performance
- Æ-DIR-specific caching demon knows the data and therefore can search more efficiently without local configuration (see notes about smart clients)
- Automation / Recovery on error (PAM)
- special system user for aeHost with host password allowed to set system password in local configuration
- Location-specific replicas
- read DC locations in attribute aeLocation of aeHost entry to determine "near" consumer replicas to access
- integrated monitoring (alarming and performance)
- For simple mail forwarding the aliases map should be supported with generic aliases based on rights groups attributes.
- Do hosts lookup similar to ideas for DNS.
- The ethers map could be virtually provided for hosts within the same local network (collision domain) similar to ideas for Network Access Control.
- Implementation details
- use PowerDNS to serve attributes as DNS RRs to augment regular DNS service:
- use remote backend (preferrably with DNSSEC) via pdns-remotebackend-python
- specific web application for administrative use-cases
- Python / flask / WTForms…
- Simple reporting use-cases (expired objects etc.).
- Graph reporting of data structures in a zone.
- Make use of Subresource Integrity either with ansible-generated hashes or on-the-fly-generation in the web app(s):
Prepare compliance statements: